Like I said in my ‘New Beginnings’ post, I agree that New Year’s Resolutions are so clichéd and usually consist of a set of unrealistic goals that we will maybe stick to for a couple of weeks and never reach. That being said, I think it is all part of the ‘New Year’ fun, that feeling of hope and determination that you can actually change the aspects of your life that you feel are bothering you or restricting you as a person. Primarily, the key to creating successful New Year’s Resolutions is to make them realistic, achievable and obtainable. The older I get and the closer I get to reaching the dreaded ’30’ I also constantly find myself thinking, “If I don’t do it this year, if I don’t do it now, when will I?”
So I have come up with 5 New Year’s Resolutions for 2016 that I am going to do my very best to achieve:
- To eat healthier and drink more water (make it about health rather than vanity).
- To exercise more, partaking in activities which are fun and enjoyable (again health vs. vanity, increased energy, mental health and wellbeing, doing something that you get a buzz out of: I used to be a keen dancer, I hope to be again in 2016!)
- To save some money per month (£50/£100 a month, putting all of your 1ps and 2ps in a jar – it all adds up! Don’t panic if one week you only save £10, don’t pressure yourself).
- To live in the moment, finding something positive in everyday, doing the things that I enjoy (watching TV box sets, reading autobiographies, having a bubble bath, colouring in, re-decorating, going to an aerobics class – what makes you tick? DO IT!)
- To find new hobbies and interests, which broaden my horizons and make me step out of my ‘comfort zone’ (remember when you were a kid and everything was new and exciting? New experiences were usually parent/school led, it’s up to you now to make your enjoyment! If your friends don’t have the same hobbies, make some new ones that you can share those interests with, DON’T MISS OUT, IT’S YOUR LIFE!)
I hope this has given you some inspiration and helped you to realise that New Year’s Resolutions can be obtainable 🙂 Look out for my ‘New Year’s Resolutions Updates’ in April, July and October to track my progress. We can do it together!
Love Dani x
Image Credit: theodysseyonline.com