Here are all of the products that are on my ‘Beauty Wish List’ for 2016. Think I have gotten a little bit carried away but these really are the products that I have been looking into buying for a really long time now, so hopefully I will get to make some cheeky purchases. I’ve got a lot of weekends away this year, which inevitably will involve lots of shopping so no doubt, I will tick the majority of these off my list!
- Maybelline Lasting Sensation Mascara
- Soap & Glory Kick Ass Instant Retouch Pressing Powder
- Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer
- Bourjois Happy Light Foundation
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lip Gloss
- Fleur de Force Lip Gloss
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation
- Rebranded Real Techniques Brushes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizz
- Stila One Step Correct Colour Correcting Primer
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Bobbi Brown Corrector
- MAC Fix +
- MAC Cream Blushers
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Benefit Rockateur Blusher
- Benefit Coralista Blusher
- Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer
- Benefit Watt’s Up Cream Highlighter
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
- Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
- Charlotte Tilbury – the whole line! (I have The Dolce Vita Palette)
- Make-up Geek Eye shadows and Brushes (not really high end but by the time I’ve shipped everything over to the UK it will get a little pricey!)
Rediscoveries that I used to love but haven’t bought in a while:
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
- Barry M Lip Gloss
- MAC Lashes
- Tanya Burr Lashes
Eeeeeek that is a lot of makeup! What is on your ‘Beauty Wish List’?
Love Dani x
I thought I would devise a set of ‘Beauty Resolutions’ for the New Year. These are aspects of beauty that I have always wanted to do or try or perfect but never really got round to it. I have recently reduced my workload with my career and have a lot more time to experiment with and indulge in hair and beauty and fashion again, which is really exciting. All of these resolutions are things that I’ve been wanting to do for a while:
- Finally perfect winged eyeliner – I have got a slightly hooded eye, not really hooded but the crease of my eye cuts across where you would normally place a wing. I have found a tutorial by Sam from Pixiwoo and it looks really hard but I’m going to give it a go!
- Experiment with my hair – I am the most boring person in the world with hairstyles. I love colouring my hair and have dyed it quite a few times, I’ve been dark brunette, black, light brunette, blonde, purpley red and a really vibrant red. I have had some different cuts over the years and love a curly blow dry but this is always done by a hairdresser. I want to branch out with my hair on a daily basis, it’s always down and straight, in a pony tail or in a messy bun. YAWN!
- Explore some different brands (high street and high end) – I’ve got quite a varied makeup collection but I always tend to use the same products from the same brands, you might see quite a few brands in my collection but I only own one Bobbi Brown product, one Charlotte Tilbury product, one Lancôme product, one YSL product etc.
- To try more cream products – I am a powder product girl – contour, bronzer, blusher, highlighter – but there are some cream products I have had my eye on for a while and I’m going to take the proverbial plunge and try them out.
- To experience some different beauty treatments – I love a good facial and massage, I have tried lots of different facials and Microdermabrasion. I discovered HD brows in 2014 and always have acrylic nails and toe nails done every 4 weeks. I am a typical indulgent Taurean and love being pampered. There are so many other treatments I would love to try though – facial skin peels, full body exfoliation, shrinking body wraps, OPI ear candling, fat cavitation, vacuuming and soft laser (non surgical fat reduction). A good pamper session is good for the soul and just what you need to make you feel good about yourself inside and out!
Are you going to make any ‘Beauty Resolutions’?
Love Dani x
Image Credit: http://www.cairngormbeautytherapy.com
I have been contemplating starting this blog for about a year and a half now and never really thought I would ever get round to it. So many people are starting blogs, so many people are choosing to forge a career in blogging and other social media outlets, so many people are making money from blogging and everything that it entails. Is that what I want? Not really.
For me, blogging is more of a personal outlet, a way of expressing who I am in a constructive and positive way, a way of reflecting on my likes and loves and my thoughts, feelings and opinions. It also helps that I am an avid blog reader, vlog watcher and a massive beauty enthusiast. I had never read a blog or actively watched a YouTube video (that wasn’t a music video) before the summer of 2012, the year that will forever be etched in my brain (for not the nicest of reasons).
A couple of beauty reviews (‘The Real Housewives’ Gretchen Rossi’s cosmetic line), ‘how to’ videos (winged eyeliner) and make up tutorials (Mario Dedivanovic on Kim Kardashian) and I was well and truly hooked. The past few months hadn’t been the greatest and I needed a hobby or to find something I loved and was interested in to bring me back to life. It sounds so clichéd but YouTube and the corresponding beauty blogs pretty much saved me from losing my mind.
From then on, I toyed with the idea of starting my own, thinking of how fun it would be to document all the things that I love. The past few years have become a journey of self discovery (or re-discovery) after plodding along since the illusive disaster that was 2012. 2015 was the year that I had my ‘epiphany’ as I like to call it and even though I will try to keep some of the conventional resolutions that nobody ever keeps (lose weight, give up drinking, go to the gym more, save money) first and foremost, I would just like to make these promises to myself: LIVE FOR THE MOMENT AND LIVE THE LIFE I’VE ALWAYS IMAGINED, while documenting the lovely moments that are going to happen in life one day at a time.
So that’s what I am going to do…
Love Dani x