I thought I would devise a set of ‘Beauty Resolutions’ for the New Year. These are aspects of beauty that I have always wanted to do or try or perfect but never really got round to it. I have recently reduced my workload with my career and have a lot more time to experiment with and indulge in hair and beauty and fashion again, which is really exciting. All of these resolutions are things that I’ve been wanting to do for a while:
- Finally perfect winged eyeliner – I have got a slightly hooded eye, not really hooded but the crease of my eye cuts across where you would normally place a wing. I have found a tutorial by Sam from Pixiwoo and it looks really hard but I’m going to give it a go!
- Experiment with my hair – I am the most boring person in the world with hairstyles. I love colouring my hair and have dyed it quite a few times, I’ve been dark brunette, black, light brunette, blonde, purpley red and a really vibrant red. I have had some different cuts over the years and love a curly blow dry but this is always done by a hairdresser. I want to branch out with my hair on a daily basis, it’s always down and straight, in a pony tail or in a messy bun. YAWN!
- Explore some different brands (high street and high end) – I’ve got quite a varied makeup collection but I always tend to use the same products from the same brands, you might see quite a few brands in my collection but I only own one Bobbi Brown product, one Charlotte Tilbury product, one Lancôme product, one YSL product etc.
- To try more cream products – I am a powder product girl – contour, bronzer, blusher, highlighter – but there are some cream products I have had my eye on for a while and I’m going to take the proverbial plunge and try them out.
- To experience some different beauty treatments – I love a good facial and massage, I have tried lots of different facials and Microdermabrasion. I discovered HD brows in 2014 and always have acrylic nails and toe nails done every 4 weeks. I am a typical indulgent Taurean and love being pampered. There are so many other treatments I would love to try though – facial skin peels, full body exfoliation, shrinking body wraps, OPI ear candling, fat cavitation, vacuuming and soft laser (non surgical fat reduction). A good pamper session is good for the soul and just what you need to make you feel good about yourself inside and out!
Are you going to make any ‘Beauty Resolutions’?
Love Dani x
Image Credit: http://www.cairngormbeautytherapy.com